The Load-Master is a robot designed to avoid personnel working on cargo deck and unmanned platforms under lifting operations.
Load-Master – Technical Features
- Funnel and hook shape based on 100s of successful full-scale tests on mock-up prototype.
- Glass-fiber Reinforced Plastic outer shell supported by a steel frame. The funnel has stainless steel wear plates.
- Batteries are positioned between belt for very low center of gravity.
- ATEX Zone 2 compliant electrical and control system
Remote Hook – Technical features
- May be connected to crane control system
- Radio-remote controlled open and close.
- Hydraulic power is harvested when hook is tensioned and the energy is stored in a hydraulic accumulator.
- The mechanical linkages ensure that the hook cannot be opened by an external force.
- ATEX Zone 1 or 2 compliant electrical and control system. Compact encapsulated electronic card and ATEX approved battery.
HMI – Control from anywhere
- Wifi and/or 4G remote control and camera feed-back to enable control from anywhere. May also be tied into crane control and communication.
- SSL encrypted communication between controller (on Load-Master) and Master Controller (Onshore).
- The camera feed from several cameras are combined to have automatic side-view.
- Ultrasonic anti-collision sensors .
- All relevant information displayed on screen or VR headset, such as battery status, hydraulic oil pressures, proximity to objects and warnings.
The Load-Master is patent pending.